It is normal to have many questions about what items to bring to treatment. Outcomes Detox & Recovery Center provides the following tips and guidelines that will facilitate our guest entry and stay.
Remember, if you have any questions, you can contact us by phone, directly through our contact form or via online chat.
Checklist before arrival
At Outcomes Detox & Recovery Center, we strive to make your experience comfortable. Leave your formal wear at home, and bring what makes you feel relaxed, comfortable and free.
What should I bring?
- Insurance Card/Prescription Card/ Driver’s License, Passport or Other Valid Photo ID.
- Medication in original bottles. If you take any medication, you must report this upon arrival.
- Clothing (Laundry service is provided, when choosing clothing remember we are in the deep south subtropics.)
- Toiletries (Body Wash/Shampoo is Provided) (Items containing alcohol in the first three ingredients are prohibited.)
- Emergency Contact Information, including numbers of primary care physician, legal advisors (if necessary) and friends/relatives
- Postage stamps to mail letters and cards
- Comfortable Sleepwear/Robe
- String instruments, harmonicas and small wind instruments may be brought, though possession of an instrument is a privilege which can be restricted by facility staff at any time
- Books and appropriate reading material
- Cigarettes (Can be secured by staff.) Smoking is not permitted inside the facilities. Staff is forbidden to purchase tobacco products for guests.)
What items are prohibited?
- Cumbersome jewelry and objects of value
- Sports Equipment
- Revealing clothing or clothing that alludes to or endorses drugs, values, or sex
- Aerosol sprays and products that contain alcohol in the first three ingredients(mouthwash, hand sanitizers, air fresheners, cologne, body spray)
- Medications that are not dispensed by a US pharmacy. Medications that aren’t specifically authorized via prescription or other notice. Addictive and/or narcotic drugs are strictly prohibited, including Adderall, Valium, Subutex, Xanax, Suboxone and Klonopin
- Cell Phone, Laptop, IPad or devices with internet access (If you bring any of these items, report them upon arrival. In some cases, the items may be permitted at the discretion of the responsible physician and clinician.)
- Weapons of any kind
- Electronic items such as video games
At Outcomes Detox & Recovery Center, we believe it is important to introduce new activities that can help take the place of addiction(s), as well as offer the comforts of home. Mild temperatures, warm, calm water and a tropical climate creates the perfect ecosystem for migratory and exotic birds, sea turtles and fish to thrive in the area all year round making the South Texas Gulf Coast a perfect destination detox and residential treatment location.
A few of the activities available include:
- Interacting with Horses
- Bird Watching
- Massage Therapy
Each weekend and for other special occasions, fun and appropriate activities will be arranged.
Clients will have input in selecting activities.